Whimsical Mad Hatter Teapot Lamps!

 
 My favorite lamp!
A Whimsical Mad-Hatter Teapot Lamp!
Instant living room attention! 
I posted my lamps equally i of the commencement projects on my blog...
in most iii totally scattered posts!
needless to say, the postal service could role a niggling redo.  
I didn't receive got groovy "during the project" or "before" photos...
so you'll receive got to role your imagination.
But, hither it is.  Updated.
Create a fabulous, whimsical, 
Mad-hatter inspired contention lamp!
Or several...dozen!
I dearest doing things inward bulk!
You volition need:
  teapots, teacups, saucers, strange niggling ceramic things...
A light kit. About $8 at Walmart.
1/2 inch Diamond Drill bit! (about $18 at the depot)
Hollow, metallic threaded rod...for the ticker structure.
(I upcycled an quondam lamp...you tin lavatory too, unless you lot are a machinest!)
 
Light bulb as well as Lamp shade.
Spray paint
Vinyl decal...optional
Directions:

Disassemble your junk lamp. Keep all the pieces!
I bought as well as hence many broken lamps at yard sales as well as thrift stores...
paid most fifty cents to $3 for each.
I took them apart mainly for the ticker construction rod. 
It's a hollow metro amongst threaded ends on both sides...
keep the nuts that thread on it too.
But salvage all the pieces until you lot are finished, because 
you may quest spacers as well as weights as well as stuff...
Because I bought quondam junky or broken lamps I replaced all the hardware. 
Safety third--right?
The drilling.
Drilling glass, china as well as ceramics is really basic...seems scary though.
Take a baking sheet as well as identify a manus towel within it.
Place your plate, teapot, loving cup or saucer as well as hence you lot are drilling through the bottom on the towel.
Mark amongst a sharpie mark your ticker dot.
Pour H2O onto your "to last drilled" item. The bottom lip holds the H2O perfectly.
To get the drilling, you lot start tardily at a 45* angle. 
When you lot receive got carved out a decent one-half circle groove 
you tardily select the fleck upwardly conduct as well as bore the hole all the
way through.
This took a lot of time. Slowly as well as patiently! I didn't intermission whatsoever glass!
Each slice merely needs a hole conduct through it...except
 your base of operations piece...it needs a hole out the dorsum for the wiring!
And nosotros watched Tangled acre working!
I took the freshly drilled pieces as well as stacked them 
up to encounter what arrangements I liked.
It was difficult to produce upwardly one's heed because nada matched!


So I took them out to the garage for their
 first coating of paint. PRIMER.
A low-cal layer of white primer on the teacups as well as some
 gray primer on the teapots helps musical note things down!
Then spray painted them glossy white as well as glossy gray!
Some touches of yellowish or bluish for contrast! 
Then I decided how they would stack up.


Then I spray painted the pieces I was using for each lamp.
 The color as well as fashion is upwardly to you!
I added some swirly floursihes I cutting out of vinyl. 
You could pigment designs or whatever you lot like!
After the pieces are dry, assembling the lamp.
Start yesteryear putting your wires through the dorsum base of operations hole.
Put the threaded nut on the wire.
Insert your threaded rod within the base.
Push your wires through the ticker of the rod until they come upwardly out of the top.
Secure the nut on the bottom threads. Use some pliers to brand certain it's tight.
Then stack your pieces upwardly as well as upwardly until you lot gain the top!
At the top, secure it inward place. I used a spacer from the master light that I tore apart.
Then the actual wiring. Don't panic!
Thankfully the total instructions are included inward your light kit...
how to necktie the wires, which i to claw on which screw...
I am non including them here, because lamps vary. 
Just read your kit instructions. It's easy. 
 Then pray.




Insert low-cal bulb.
Plug inward your lamp.
And because I had as well as hence many...
I used 1 equally a white elephant gift...1 equally a marriage ceremony present...
1 equally a Christmas present...2 equally a birthday present...1 sold on Etsy...
1 sold from home...1 was my sisters...
1 was mine...1 met a distressing fate when nosotros moved...that's 10!  :)

And, I sold all the residue of my drilled inward junk at my yard sale.
Good bye...until some other whim!




I posted my lamps equally i of the commencement projects on my spider web log Whimsical Mad Hatter Teapot Lamps!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel