Lounge Chair Rockin' Redo!!!!

LOOK WHAT I DID!

My friend asked if I could recover her favorite chair.
I said yes...but she didn't realize I've never truly done it!
(not a beginner sewing project)

{I heard that if your sewing auto is having troubles...
most of the fourth dimension the needle is to blame!
So best to alter your needle afterwards every four hours of sewing...}

I took this plaid lounge rocker...
as well as made it rockin'!
 The zebra impress upholstery is from Hobby Lobby...it is thence nice!
The dorsum as well as front end await identical, thence you lot don't have
to worry also much nigh "right" sides!

No pattern...it seriously took some major mental 
grooming to firstly cutting into the fabric!
I used the cushions equally a guideline.
I wanted it to gibe tight, thence I cutting it entirely nigh an
inch or 2 bigger on each side.
I built the pieces to simply skid over the existing fabric...
the plaid was sewn correct to the padding.
And as well as then cutting a "sock" shaped slice to sew together inwards the edges...
I unremarkably don't purpose pins...
but on upholstery...it's a MUST!
This frayed a lot too...so I did a double stitch as well as zig-zagged the edges.
Pillow illustration shape, double hemmed bottom edge.
Fits similar a glove!
Bottom cushion...
Made similar a box...see the master copy plaid has a pouch 
to skid over the metallic frame...I mimicked that
yesteryear overlapping 2 pieces as well as sewing
them similar the dorsum of a throw pillow!

Here's the bottom pieces create to survive sewn!
Ahh, thence far thence good!
underneath looks great!
Arm rests amongst side pockets!
I cutting the steal slice nigh vi inches wider than 
the arm piece, allowing for "big hand" size pockets
for remotes, drinks, as well as toys...
I am certain they volition survive filled amongst fun!
some other weird "sock" shaped slice to circular the arms...

The bottom border was simply hemmed nether twice as well as left open.
What to produce amongst the backside?
Sort of a strip amongst a rounded top...then I left the within edge
entirely partly sewn to gibe approximately the metallic base
Backside done!
Now the decorative "kick plate" post service covers...
I used liquid stitch as well as my staple gun!
I cutting each slice an inch larger around.  
Then folded downwardly a quarter inch, glued as well as pinned it.
Then I folded the folded border downwardly as well as glued, 
stapled inwards the middle as well as pinned it overnight.
While the gum was pinned as well as drying, 
I stapled a slice on the ottoman!
Back to these things...
I had never used liquid stitch before.
**I would non brand a clothes or other wearable exceptional amongst it...
but I was pleased plenty for this project...it was 
to a greater extent than fourth dimension than simply sewing, but at that spot are times, 
similar this, that you lot simply can't sew together it.***
Now, a quick throw pillow...while the gum is drying!
I idea this could teach on a unlike couch to necktie into the room...
Awesome, as well as done!
They were coming to selection it up...so I hurried and
took it exterior to direct maintain pics!
Don't justice my spray painted driveway!  :)
(that side steal has the extra stuff inwards it!)
See those fabulous "kick plate" things...they turned out bully too!
They simply velcro on approximately the posts.
Huge success!  Everyone loves it!
I honey it thence much...I went as well as bought a
small-scale ugly rocker at the DI for $8 yesterday...
which I am thence stoked to recover!

Total time: vi hours.
Mental prep: iii months.





(and my other fab places I party!)
 My friend asked if I could recover her favorite chair Lounge Chair Rockin' Redo!!!!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel