Mirror #5...Mirror Cutting Mini Tutorial...

Let's nation I got this awesome 
frame at a yard sale for $1!
 
I needed a mirror that would check it: 12 X 16"
The drinking glass identify I called said a mirror that size would terms $16...
I could non justify.
what to do?

I works life this Ikea mirror at the 
DI thriftstore for $3!
I tin create that!

I likewise works life my husbands tile popper...what?
Glass is similar tile right?

I figured if I totally shatter the thing, I'm non out much.
Worth a try.
so, I used a slice of heavy cardboard to elevator the mirror 
to the tiptop that tile would unremarkably be.
I measured too scored the glass...

I take away the cardboard too role the pull per unit of measurement area thing
to popular the mirror along my grade line.
Doesn't accept much pressure...easy does it!

Pretty groovy cut!
Onto the side past times side side!
Did I mention, I'm barefoot...no gloves, 
eye protection...nothing!
don't create that at home!

On the other cut, the scoring worked, but didn't popular it all off...
Never fear...
Pliers are here.

slid my mirror to the border of the tabular array too just 
used the pliers to nip off the extra edge.
Like so...

And thus but build clean upward the sides a tad...

The border doesn't lead maintain to hold upward perfect, 
since it volition hold upward behind the frame...
just don't cutting yourself!

(left side, petroleum edge...no biggy)

The painted, glazed frame amongst comprehend it anyway!
I intend I am going to acid etch this mirror showtime though...

The mirror I used for Mirror #2 on Tuesday I cutting myself...

:)
Hope this was insightful...
even but into my cheapness too thoughtlessness.
Come dorsum tomorrow for to a greater extent than mirrors!

Link upward your wall-hanging related projects Here!


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel