Jewelry Armoire Redo! #Tbt

I posted this dorsum inwards September of 2012.
I even as well as then absolutely beloved this armoire as well as purpose it daily!
 It began on a beautiful Yard Sale Saturday.
I picked upwards this guy for $9...after quite a fleck of talking them down.
It was inwards pitiful shape as well as would involve a lot of work, plus, it's laminate...
 My hubby chop-chop gear upwards to work, as well as then at that spot are roughly "how to accept drawer fronts off" pictures missing. 
We used a chisel as well as a hammer as well as but a brace of careful taps took the fronts off clean.
They were held inwards identify alongside but ii daubs of glue.
We labeled the drawers as well as the fronts as well as then nosotros could instruct them dorsum on easily.
 It wasn't until THIS betoken that I realized that this vintage dresser was
laminate...not total woods for refinishing. blech!
But conduct maintain no fear...laminate tin displace live spray painted!
So, instead of hours of sanding...

 I pose them out on roughly cardboard as well as primed them alongside spray primer.
There were roughly scratches.  I but went ahead as well as left them...but roughly woods filler would produce the trick.
 I taped off the drawers, the within velvet and
sprayed the armoire as well as the fronts.
Once the primer dried, I sprayed everything alongside my favorite go-to color:
Aqua!
(side story:  I conduct maintain painted as well as then many things aqua...
that every fourth dimension I choose something novel home, my hubby says
"are y'all going to pigment that bluish too?"...)
 Then I used regular former Elmer's schoolhouse gum as well as glued the fronts dorsum onto the drawers.
You could purpose woods glue...but I honor it's non necessary.
 Next I went knob shopping!
Knobs are ordinarily the nigh expensive business office of a redo projection similar this...
but they brand ALL the difference!
 5 crystal knobs were $2 each from Michaels,
the 8 silverish knobs were $2.47 each from Home Depot.
 I beloved how the crystal knobs sparkle!
 I left the pinkish velvet lining inwards all the drawers as well as just
scrubbed them alongside a hot damp cloth.
 I beloved it!
It houses all my jewelry perfectly!
When nosotros moved last, I sold nearly all my furnishings...I but knew nosotros didn't conduct maintain space.
But this guy, I kept!  It's my favorite!
Painting laminate slice of furniture is the best agency to reuse an former piece!
I promise this helps y'all hold off at slice of furniture pieces differently!
What's something you've refinished?




 I even as well as then absolutely beloved this armoire as well as purpose it daily Jewelry Armoire Redo! #TBT
This post published on first 

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel