Mirror #6...Acid Mirror Tutorial

You likewise tin laissez passer notice brand an antiqued etched mirror!
To start.
Mirrors are made alongside glass, thus a layer of reflective material,
 then a layer of pigment that seals it all inwards together with makes sure
 the reflective layer doesn't larn scratched.
So...because nosotros desire an antiqued mirror...
nosotros accept to take that layer of paint!

Supplies for phase1:
gloves, scraper, stripper.
Next...there are a duo things I noticed when I did my mirrors.

1. non all mirrors are created equally.
Some absolutely sucked at getting the backing off...some were stellar.
unopen to etched actually well, unopen to didn't...

2. The agency the backing comes off variety of dictates how it volition etch.
(like if y'all accept to scrape it...it volition hold back scraped)

Here's a duo stellar mirrors...there is only no agency to know...
bubbles up, comes correct off...minimal work.  
Remove entire pigment backing
(if possible...but nearly of it at least!)

Next phase:
Muratic Acid!
I only seat my mirrors downwards on the lawn
(there's already a dead part)
had the hose going on low...

So opened the lid together with carefull splashed a small
amount on my mirrors!

I sprinkled out unopen to acid on the mirrors and
held the hose cook to spray it off.
I did i mirror at a time...

Some mirrors etched rattling quickly...like twenty seconds!
One detail mirror, I left the acid on for HOURS...
together with I even thus wasn't satisfied alongside the etching!
So at that topographic point y'all accept it!

Mirrors are NOT created equal.
They turned out slap-up though!

Phase 3:
Fabric backing!
My favorite is a dark together with white designing alongside a colored frame!
So there's a few of those...
Just cutting the cloth (I fifty-fifty ironed it!)
And I used Elmer's spray gum to adhere
it to the dorsum of the mirror.
 
  I dearest how the cloth PEEKS through...or how your reflection peeks through!
It's a mirror, but it says ART, non that y'all are totally vain!
 
 
 
 
Then y'all mountain it dorsum into your frame together with presto!
H5N1 fabulous mirror!
I dearest it because at that topographic point are mirrors everywhere, 
thus it's fun to come across unopen to that are dissimilar together with unique!
Thanks for joining my Mirror week!
Link upwards whatever mirrors, frames, wall fine art type projects you've done Here!



 You likewise tin laissez passer notice brand an antiqued etched mirror Mirror #6...Acid mirror tutorial

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel